Technical Writing Intern - Summer Student 2023
P&H Milling Group
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as an Technical Writing Intern from May to Sept 2023 based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
This is a hybrid position working Part-Time Monday to Friday.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
Working in conjunction with Maintenance Manager, Head Miller and OH&S, our Part-Time Technical Writing Intern will capture technical tacit knowledge on equipment and processes and Create Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’S) on simple and concise language.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Gather tacit technical information from users and translate on the written form into Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Peruse technical manuals to extract relevant operational data and incorporate into SOP’s.
- Ensure Health & Safety programs, policies, and procedures are being followed.
- Maintain a safe working environment and a high standard of housekeeping and sanitation in accordance with BRCGS (Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards) and Food Safety procedures.
- Must be willing to help in other office task if required.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a degree or diploma program, in an administrative field or related field program;
- Experience or background in the agriculture industry would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team;
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
To apply and learn more visit us atwww.parrishandheimbecker.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.