Student (Fixed Term) Job Description:
is a transformed company. We’re no longer about the smartphone, what we once did for smartphones is what we’re now doing for Enterprise of Things (EoT) – envisioning, enabling and securing new forms of communication that are connecting the business world in extraordinary new ways. We have the most complete and advanced end-to-end solutions to enable EoT, and our ideas lead the way in the hottest markets like cybersecurity, SaaS, neural networks and autonomous vehicles.
Today our software is trusted by the world’s most important organizations, including all of the G7, 16 of the G20, NATO, financial firms, healthcare providers and educational institutions. BlackBerry technology is further embedded in millions of ‘things.’ You can find BlackBerry in smart watches, medical devices, cars, trains, robots, smart meters, TV broadcast equipment, wind turbines, hydroelectric plants, pilot training simulators, mail-sorting machines and, of course, tablets and smartphones just to name a few.Position Summary
The BlackBerry IoT Marketing team is looking for an energetic and creative Product Marketing Intern
who will be supporting the Product Marketing Team in creating go-to-market strategies for our new products, launching and managing marketing campaigns and helping the marketing team launch them to our customers.
You’ll gain experience collaborating on product positioning, creating a value proposition, working on sales enablement, evaluating competitor landscapes, and determining key tactical strategies to both upsell existing customers and acquire new prospects to drive revenue. The ideal candidate is eager to explore multi-channel approaches to market a product, organized to manage planning schedules for launch, and collaborative to work cross-functionally with other teams like digital marketing, sales enablement, product management, and sales.
Technical background for this role is a bonus but not crucial.
Location: Ottawa, ON
Length of Term: 8 Months
What you will do:
- Coordinate Product launches in collaboration with the IoT Product Marketing and Corporate marketing teams.
- Assist the creation of tactical marketing activities, including but not limited to email campaigns, social posts, webinars, and outbound marketing projects across various channels..
- Assist with website content updates.
- Create marketing and sales enablement assets and ensure that marketing materials are up to date and distributed through available channels.
- Assist with set up and management of digital ad campaigns (Google, LinkedIn).
- Polish PowerPoint slides - including updating templates and graphics.
- Assist marketing team with day-to-day administrative tasks.
Above and beyond
Student Life at Blackberry
- Currently pursuing a relevant post-secondary degree (3rd or 4th year preferred), ideally with a concentration in Marketing. Technical (Engineering) background is a bonus..
- Effective working knowledge of standard office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with social media platforms..
- Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills..
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a drive to get things done collaboratively.
- Excellent planning, analytical skills and project management..
- Rigorous and details oriented.
See more about the student program at BlackBerry over on our Instagram @BlackBerryStudentLife
- Growth Mindset: employees have access to skills training and professional development courses, mentorship programs as well as unlimited access to our on-demand learning platform. .
- Commitment to Wellness: employees have access to events that support physical, mental and financial wellness. We host wellness sessions, fitness courses, discounts to local gyms and offer a 24/7 Employee Assistant Program (EAP). .
- Highly collaborative teams and a supportive workplace environment, with organization-wide events and a student social committee. .
- Employee Perks: we have snack and beverage programs at all locations. Students also have access to discounts for local stores, transportation, restaurants and activities. .
Scheduled Weekly Hours: