We are currently looking for an individual who is highly analytical and deeply passionate about fintech to join our team in Toronto as an Investment Intern from September 2023 to April 2024. This person will play a pivotal role in supporting our team to find and evaluate entrepreneurial, breakthrough companies in financial services.Your Responsibilities:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Support portfolio and fund analysis including supervising our pipeline and consolidating critical metrics across portfolios.
- Work with our portfolio companies to support them on pivotal initiatives.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, competitive analysis, web analytics data).
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time.
- Support fund operations including writing quarterly LP reports on new investments and our pipeline.
- Conduct financial market, company diligence on new potential investments, and desk research on industries and trends.
- A strong passion and /or curiosity about investments and technology.
- Self-starter - able to take initiative, prioritize, and run on own with limited guidance.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an ambitious environment where things change constantly.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- Comfort in structuring quantitative analysis; not quantum physics, but you should love numbers (we all do!).
- Great teammate - happy to do whatever is required to support team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely.
Are you confident you could do the job, and are you excited about the opportunity but don't meet all the requirements? At Portage, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. We encourage you to apply! You may be the right candidate for this role or other positions.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact the People & Culture team to make your needs known in advance. We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position.