B+H is a global, award-winning, full-service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors - each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being, and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
This is a full-time, Toronto-based permanent position working with a dynamic design team on the development of a range of architectural projects, mainly in the commercial mixed-use sector but including other sectors as well. Under the direction of senior architects, this position will encompass all stages of project realization. As part of a global company, you would have access to a depth of resources through our experienced staff and project portfolio across all studios. Our project workflows capitalize on teams of individuals with complementary strengths and a ‘best idea wins’ mentality. Join our team in providing exceptional client service through a co-creation attitude for project success.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of project development: conceptual design to contract administration and close-out,
- Prepare design documentation: client presentations, design development packages
- Prepare construction documentation: Contract documents (Revit-based drawings and specifications), contract administration, authority submissions (such as SPA or Building Permit), and general site reviews
- Identify and solve technical problems: may include planning solutions, sustainability strategies, code solutions, and/or building envelope detailing
- Participate in Meetings: internal team meetings/charrettes, consultant coordination, client workshops, and/or site meetings
- Effective Communication: Ensure the flow of information (written and verbal) within the project team, with project consultants, and act as liaison
- Perform industry-related research (project and/or sector based): building science, code issues, design research, detailing, sustainability, etc.
- Positive attitude, passion and patience
- Creative and pragmatic with a focus on design and technical documentation
- Ability to work in a studio team environment
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global architecture, interiors and planning & landscape firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with colleagues, clients, consultants, and contractors,
- Ability to meet project deliverables in a timely manner
- Graduated with a professional degree/diploma in Architecture and be a registered Intern Architect
- 4-6 years of architectural relevant experience
- Fully proficient in Revit
- Proficient with digital model-making (Revit, Rhino, Sketch-Up)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of regional building code
- Other graphic software skills
- Analogue model making skills (3D printing, laser cutting)
- VR modeling
- Experience with 3D rendering software (Enscape, Lumion)
- Experience with AutoCADParametric design skills (Grasshopper, Dynamo)
- Revit skills (BIM 360 collaboration, Rhino Inside)
- Revit plug-ins (Revizto, Dynamo, Hive, dRofus)
- Sustainability skills/certifications/experience (high-performance building envelope detailing, LEED, WELL, Fitwell, PassiveHouse)
- Sustainability software (PHPP, CoveTool, Sefeira)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H Architects is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If this is a role you are interested in, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Company: