Req Id: 410714
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Corporate Services is at the centre of the action, providing the support that enables Bell’s industry leadership. Our Corporate Security & Responsibility, Communications, Human Resources, Procurement & Value Creation and Real Estate teams work collaboratively to drive our corporate strategy forward.
Within Corporate Services is Bell’s Threat Intelligence (CTI) team, which identifies, tracks, and analyzes cyber threats facing the BCE family of companies. To support this mission, the Corporate Security Threat Intelligence Team is looking for an experienced geek who has a love of coding, playing with software and tools, and wrangling data to build out solutions to better detect threats against Bell. Our team goes through the vast amounts of data in a typical day and the ideal co-op will work with our technology team to find ways to do it better, faster, and more efficient.
For this position we are looking for a student to bring their knowledge from school to help build out our DevOps environment in an industry standard way. Ideally, the candidate with a good blend of some or all of following skills & experience:
- Must have Python 3 experience;
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science, or equivalent number of years of experience;
- Experience with container technology (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code technology (Ansible, Terraform);
- Experience with virtualized environments (Hypervisors (XCP-ng) and standing up VMs (cloud-init));
- Experience with the installation and configuration of common open source packages from GitHub, Docker, or a variety of other of bleeding edge but trusted sources;
- Experience with any of the following programming languages: Rust, ReactJS, SQL (Postgres/MySQL);
- Experience with unit testing and backend/frontend development;
- Bonus if you have experience in MAAS and Helm.
And equally important are soft skills
- Passionate about the importance of security, and a desire to learn and collaborate with colleagues who can benefit from your expertise;
- Have a love of technology as not only a job but a hobby as well;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner, including a track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long-term projects;
- The ability to think quickly but methodically, to design and implement potentially non-traditional solutions.
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Co-op
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : New Brunswick : Bathurst || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Brampton || Canada : Ontario : Brantford || Canada : Ontario : Cornwall || Canada : Ontario : Etobicoke || Canada : Ontario : Markham || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Newmarket || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Gatineau || Canada : Quebec : Lévis || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/10/2023
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , ON , Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.