Summer Students - 2023
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as an Operations Intern from May to August 2023 based at our facility in Dutton, Manitoba.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As an Operations Intern you will gain valuable industry experience along with personal and professional skills to begin building your career.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Contributing to the movement of grain by loading/unloading shipments;
- Collecting and testing grain samples;
- Handling and delivering crop input products;
- Regular facility maintenance & housekeeping;
- Commitment to maintaining a safe & compliant working environment;
- Performing exceptional customer service duties;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a degree or diploma program, in an Agriculture related field
- Experience or background in the agriculture industry would be an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to a team
- Strong analytical, organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
To apply and learn more, visit us at www.pandhcareers.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.