Canlan Sports is the largest private sector owner and operator of recreational sports complexes in North America. The company's success in the recreation-entertainment & hospitality industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming, service delivery leadership and world-class sports complexes. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.Job Summary
The Sports Management Intern will work with our CRM while assisting to manage ice contracts, spot rentals and tournaments. This role will assist with maintaining our existing contract while working with the Sales and Customer Care Manager to manage our current customers while also strategizing to find new customers and areas of revenue. They will also work with the leagues and programs team to plan and execute programs. The Sports Management Intern is expected to provide a "best in class" experience to our customers.
We are offering an honorarium of $1,500 for the term.Responsibilities
Abilities, Attributes And Experience
- Assist with maintenance of the complex's CRM operating system, pertaining to Ice Contracts and Spot Rentals, third-party tournaments and in house tournaments
- Under the guidance of and with the Sales and Customer Care Manager:
- Assist in the development and execution of a fully integrated direct sales strategy for the complex, ensuring a proactive and aggressive approach to revenue development through Strategic Sales and Marketing plans
- Assist in the discovery, development, and relationship-building opportunities within their market through contact to create New Customer revenue opportunities and maximize revenue from existing customers
- Assist with League operation planning and execution
- Assist with planning and execution of camps and programs.
- Under the leadership and direction of the manager and General Manager, ensure the complex customers experience "best-in-class" experience, customer care and overall satisfaction.
- Other tasks as required
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices
- Customer service experience and/or office experience.
- Comfortable working with new systems and technology (CRM experience is an asset)
- Able to work well under pressure and pay particular attention to deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills, notably in Microsoft 365.
- Thorough, organized, articulate and punctual.
- Great communication (both oral and written) skills and professional and positive attitude.
- Able to manage and diffuse difficult situations.