The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Posting No: 123267
May 4, 2023
The City of Winnipeg, City Clerk’s Department, Archives and Records Control Branch is seeking an Archives Intern to process and to promote a mixed media series of records recently acquired from the Public Works Department that documents parks, boulevards, recreational programs and related operations (1886-2014). The Archives Intern will also produce an exhibit that will be part of Winnipeg 150 commemoration activities and must align with the City’s priority to honour the original peoples of this land and their descendants. Additionally, the Archives Intern will provide research and reference support to Winnipeg 150 projects, members of Council, City of Winnipeg departments, and members of the public.
The Archives Intern will work under the direction and supervision of the Senior Archivist.
As The Internyou, You Will
- Appraise records and make related recommendations;
- Arrange and describe records according to the Rules for Archival Description;
- Re-house the records into archival-quality enclosures and containers;
- Select and digitize photographs according to archival standards;
- Post archival descriptions and digitized content online;
- Promote the records through outreach activities;
- Create an exhibit that commemorates Winnipeg 150 and related themes;
- Provide research and reference support as directed.
Your Education And Qualifications Include
- Enrollment or completion in an Archival Studies MA program or related field of study ;
- Strong interest in Canadian history;
- Knowledge of archival theory and practice;
- Knowledge of Rules for Archival Description;
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise personal initiative and sound judgment;
- Demonstrated research skills, ability to analyze problems, develop and implement solutions;
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of standard desktop applications;
- Experience using archival description software would be an asset;
- Knowledge of City of Winnipeg history would be an asset.
Conditions Of Employment
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- This position is sponsored by the Young Canada Works program. All candidates must be registered with YCW and should review the YCW eligibility criteria before applying.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How To Apply
, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume AND/OR Application Form (Required).
- Cover Letter
- Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.
- Your application documents must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications of the position.*
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/ . For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $1.457.33 bi-weekly
, as per the Intern Year 1 classification
within the WAPSO
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
We value diversity in our workplace. Indigenous peoples, women, racialized peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ peoples and Newcomers are encouraged to self-declare.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.