S&P Global Commodity Insights
TheRole: Product Management Specialist Intern
The Location: Calgary, Canada
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at S&P Global.
You will be an Intern in the Upstream division at S&P Global, working with North American Upstream content. The Product Management Specialist captures and communicates requirements, identifies dependencies, manages priorities, and builds and actions a backlog to deliver maximum customer value and meet defined success criteria. This position plays a critical role in supporting the revenue growth of Upstream content products.
What’s in it for you:
- Champions agile development methodology
- Daily integration with software development
- Exposure to a wide variety of Upstream content
- Working with colleagues in multiple global regions
- Plans, prioritizes, and maintains a healthy backlog of user stories aligned with product roadmaps.
- Product testing and workflow acceptance on implemented user stories.
- Uses the product regularly to discover bugs and help define workflow improvements.
- Gathers and tracks user feedback/issues/pain points.
- Proactively works with Product Management, Development, QA, Customer Care, Content and Operations to identify internal product use cases.
- Assists in ensuring the overall data quality and completeness of North American Content, identifying improvements for product development to support customer workflows.
What We’re Looking For:
We're looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies to be available for a full time role commencing in 2024.
To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
- A bachelor or master’s degree (or equivalent) completed no later than May 2024
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting.
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply.
For Product Management applicants, we recommend the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Documentation,research, writing, presentation skills, ability to prioritize critical tasks.
- Confident working with diverse teams and audiences across multiple time zones, with office-based and remote colleagues.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work effectively as part of a product team and foster team collaboration.
- Experience or exposure to the Energy Industry, specifically Oil & Gas would be beneficial.
- Experience and familiarity of S&P Global Upstream products would be a bonus
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Spotfire, PowerBI) or data visualization packages is useful
- Familiarity with Agile processes and tools would be a bonus.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 284230
Posted On: 2023-04-06
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada