Terrestrial Energy is developing for near-term commercial operation, a zero-emissions cogeneration plant for global industry using its proprietary Integral Molten Salt Reactor (IMSR) fission technology in an innovative, small and modular plant design. The IMSR is a non-Light Water Reactor of the Generation IV class that operates at the high temperature required for broad industrial relevance with transformative economic potential. The IMSR plant is capable of grid-based electric power generation and industrial cogeneration in many energy-intensive industries, including petrochemical and chemical synthesis for hydrogen and ammonia production. The IMSR plant offers a near 50 percent improvement in efficiency of electric power generation compared to Light Water Reactor nuclear plants. Its industrial cogeneration capability delivers to today’s markets industrial competitiveness, security of energy, and zero-emissions industrial production. The IMSR plant’s use of existing industrial materials, components, and fuels supports its near-term deployment, setting the stage for a rapid global decarbonization of the primary energy system.
The Project Management Intern, under the direction of the Engineering Director (or Project Manager), is primarily responsible for assisting the Project Management team with day-to-day tasks in the planning, costing, scheduling, coordination and implementation of project controls activities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyzes information to prepare schedule and status updates (such as forecast finish dates and percentage complete) from external/internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Project Coordinators, Technical Project Engineers, and Project Managers to follow up on project actions.
- Prepare project progress and variance reports, dashboards, etc.
- Contribute to development of project controls templates and procedures.
- Prepare Purchase Requisition Quotations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Working towards a post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or a related field.
- 0-1 years of work experience in project planning for a complex project.
- Ability to effectively liaise and form working relationships across the organization.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Packages (Project, Word, Excel, Visio).
- Computer proficiency and ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Project Management
- Communication to transfer information between teams, executives and clients
- Critical Thinking to develop optimal reporting data
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and interact with other groups
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrated success in project planning and coordination.
- Ability to multitask to meet ever-changing project goals and deadlines.
- Entrepreneurship or other experience demonstrating self-motivation and problem solving.
- Experience with or knowledge of nuclear power.
- Experience presenting to executive teams.
- Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangements Available
- Mentoring/Coaching with Senior Employees/Leaders
TEI values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. TEI is an equal opportunity employer.
If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require technical support in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@terrestrialenergy.com.