Aon is looking for an Intern, Professional Services
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Our Professional Services Practice in Montreal provides risk advisory and insurance services to some of Aon’s largest and most prestigious professional firm clients. We are seeking an enthusiastic and career-minded individual to join our client service team in Montreal, QC.
We offer exciting and rewarding work along with career progression opportunities – all in an encouraging team!
What the day will look like
- Assist in providing insurance broking and related services including preparation of marketing submissions, premium calculations, invoicing, policy documentation and claims handling;
- Maintain electronic files that clearly and accurately record the activities and communications of the team;
- Work jointly on various recurring and ad-hoc tasks and projects with counterparts in Montreal, Chicago, New York, London and elsewhere;
- Attend team meetings and maintain team/personal outstanding lists;
- Attend training sessions, presentations and meetings that will assist with present and anticipated future responsibilities;
- Assist accounting department in data entry of journal entries in the general ledger for month end; preparation of annual budgets, account analysis and reconciliation, as well as other duties as required.
How this opportunity is different
This is an exciting opportunity for students to learn, contribute, and gain real-world work experience in a collaborative environment. Interns have the chance to learn more about Aon’s culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and monitor workflow deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and attention to detail;
- Insurance experience, particularly in professional indemnity, is an asset.
- In progress of acquiring university degree in business, economics, finance or similar relevant field.
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.