Borrowell is a Canadian company whose mission is to make financial prosperity possible for everyone. The first in Canada to offer free credit scores, Borrowell provides educational resources, monitoring, innovative digital tools, and personalized product recommendations to help people feel in control and optimistic about their financial future. Our data shows that Borrowell members reported up to a 100-point increase in their credit score after one year of using select Borrowell products.
With more than 2 million members, Borrowell is one of the largest fintech companies in Canada. We’re proud to have been named as one of the Best Workplaces in Canada every year since 2019, Globe and Mail’s Top Growing Companies (2021), LinkedIn’s Top 15 Startups in Canada (2021), and CB Insights’ Top 250 Fintechs (2021).
To support us on our mission, we’re building an exceptional team of high-performing yet humble individuals who believe Canadians deserve more choice when it comes to financial services.
Put simply, we put people first. We place a high value on building a diverse and inclusive workplace and are proud to have a gender-balanced team. We know that diverse teams perform better; half of our team identify as women or non-binary.
We’re always on the lookout for passionate and driven people. If you think you’d be a great fit at Borrowell, read on to learn more about us and how our business works!About the Role:
As the Summer 2023 HR Intern, you will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of Borrowell's HR Team and provide day-to-day operations support to employees and leaders. You will be responsible for ensuring all employees are properly supported throughout their Borrowell journey.Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the HR team including: processing people changes, maintaining employee records, documenting processes, etc.
- While executing administrative and operational duties, you will also help the team scale and improve our internal processes
- Help create a culture of inclusivity within our remote environment
- Interest in learning full-cycle HR Processes in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrated relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for learning and problem-solving - you enjoy figuring out the unknown, being creative and resourceful with how you build solutions, and experimenting new ideas
- The Opportunity - join and have a major impact on a growing company that is helping Canadians make great decisions about credit
- Wellness Benefit - $200 per term to spend on a gym membership, daycare, petcare etc.
- Flexibility - flexible working hours and a flexible vacation policy
We are remote-first across Canada, meaning you have no mandatory obligation to come in-office. However, if you want to come in-office and meet the team at any point, you are free to do so. The majority of your team is in Toronto and the surrounding areas, with a main office in downtown Toronto within a 5-minute walk of Union Station.
At Borrowell, one of our core values and firm beliefs is that diversity makes us better. If you're unsure about your qualifications for this position, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're looking for candidates who have experience but know that not everyone's had a chance to demonstrate what they can do. What's most important is that you have a growth mindset, and care about helping people with their finances - an area in their lives that causes a lot of stress.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a credit and criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Borrowell encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.