Description & Requirements
Close date: Friday, March 24, 2023 (11:59pm PST)
For external applicants/postings: Please note: if we receive a large volume of applications, we may need to close this posting early and ahead of the closing date; therefore, we recommend applying early.Who We Are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well.
We owe our success to our innovative product, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.We’re looking for you. Join us
Our IDEA Global Internship Program
Our IDEA Global Internship Program is a full-time paid internship for approximately 12 weeks starting in or around May 2023. Interns will receive support, coaching and mentorship, gain practical work experience, and develop new skills to expand their career possibilities.
Through the course of the program, we’ve designed a variety of exciting, fun and thoughtful sessions and experiences. There will also be opportunities to connect, collaborate and build relationships with interns across the globe. All interns follow two tracks of learning: the in-depth learning and skillset relevant to their role and the broad breadth knowledge of our business operations. Our IDEA Global Internship Program curates a journey for each intern to discover where their passions lie and helps them lay out their career path.
Our Be Human Impact Agenda goal is to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in around the world by 2025. We are cultivating an environment and building systems that create and sustain inclusion, diversity, and equity. This program is an investment in diverse talent that directly supports that goal and the IDEA mission to expand being well to encompass a culture of inclusion where diversity is celebrated, equity is the norm, and action is the commitment.
We strongly encourage applicants who identify as part of a group that has been historically underrepresented in the workforce to apply, including, but not limited to: Asian, Black, Indigenous, Hispanic or LatinX, South Asian, LGBTQ2S+ and persons with disabilities.
We do not make hiring decisions based on race/ethnicity/gender or any protected class (race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, body size etc.).About This Team
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for planning and managing lululemon’s overall financial performance. We are an amazing team of passionate, active and dedicated leaders who are counted on as a key business partner in strategic and operational decisions. We provide a tremendous opportunity to learn about the various operations within lululemon, working often in cross-functional teams on a variety of projects. You will be able to add value immediately, see the big picture, and develop a business and finance skill set that you can leverage in your future roles within the organization. We are a stand for high quality work, driving high quality results and living a high-quality life.A day in the life
Scope Of Project Work May Include, But Not Limited To
Reporting into the Manger, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Analyst Intern is responsible for researching, analyzing and presenting a series of project-based FP&A deliverables.
Nice To Haves
- Assist in transition of existing performance reporting to interactive PBI dashboards.
- Re-imagine and optimize dashboard reporting through Power BI.
- Partner with the BI (Business Intelligence) team and assist in UAT of BI enhancements.
- Assist in project management efforts on large scale, long-term projects through effective stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in weekly/quarterly performance reporting, presentations and dashboards in MS Excel and Power BI.
- Assist with general business process documentation, analytics, and improvement (standard operating procedures (SOPs), optimize process flows).
- The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the diverse roles and responsibilities available in FP&A at lululemon, including Retail Planning, Sales Forecasting, SG&A management, Store Development, Ecommerce, Product and Corporate FP&A functions. The intern will also have the opportunity to work directly with and present back to key business partners (Brand, Supply Chain, Digital, Product, Operations, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Data Analytics or a related field.
- MBA, CFA or CPA is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of Power BI is preferred – Building reports, writing DAX queries, experience with handling large data exports from BI sources to be manipulated and summarized in MS Excel and in PBI dashboards.
- Hyperion, Oracle EPM or large financial planning software knowledge is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills - Can present to functional teams and management.
- Can distill and summarize complicated information in a simple and concise way and present it clearly.
- Able to work with limited direction, can understand and link strategy to the underlying drivers of the business.
- Extremely organized, thorough and takes pride in quality; strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on legitimate, nondiscriminatory reasons, and not on race, colour, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.