TheRole:Data Analyst Intern
The Team:The Data Delivery and Innovation team focuses on the current and future state of Cloud, APIs, Data integration and Virtualization, On-premises content delivery, and spatial strategy. The team has a blend of technical and business expertise along with a set of product managers that enables the members collectively to focus, simplify and execute globally on data delivery, innovation, product and services, goals, and strategies.
The Impact: As a intern, you will be responsible for supporting the Upstream Content On Premise Systems, Cloud technologies, APIs, and service products in the North America Upstream Energy Content product portfolio.
What’s in it for you: During your summer at S&P Global you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on-the-job experience focusing on high impact high-impactllows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
The Summer 2023 Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at S&P Global.
- Be an active and collaborative team member as part of an Agile development team of 6-10 people.
- Participate in regular backlog grooming, sprint planning, design and code review meetings, pair programming, sprint retrospectives, and other team activities.
- Take ownership of development tasks, including design, development, testing, code reviews, and documentation.
- Produce high-quality work, always following quality standards such as unit testing, integration tests and documented code.
- Be delivery-focused, have a passion for technology, and enjoy offering new ideas and approaches.
- Work with distributed teams in multiple locations worldwide.
What We’re Looking For:
- Enrolled in a B.Sc. in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent completing no later than April 2024.
- Technical - knowledge of the technologies used in this role -experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Nice to have: Experience with data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Spotfire, or Tableau, Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity – can begin to explore and solve complex problems even when the problem and solution are not well defined.
- A bias to action – a willingness to “jump right in” with an emphasis on producing results.
- Highly collaborative – an affinity for solving complex problems through dialogue with team members.
- Curiosity – always seeking the “why’s” and “how’s” in the interest of continuous learning and the mastery of a craft.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), HUMRES203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282795
Posted On: 2023-03-15
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada