We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
Arcadis IBI Group is calling onArchitectural Graduates/Intern Architects to join our busy and growing Architectural practice in Western Canada for our VANCOUVER OFFICE. As a member of our multi-disciplinary team, you will collaborate with design and technical leadership and be an integral part of our project team. Focus will be on commercial, retail, educational and hospitality projects.
Most of the things you’ll work on
- Prepare conceptual design packages and follow through with construction documents
- Contribute to the process by utilizing REVIT and AutoCAD
- Produce architectural design packages, schematic drawings, and working drawings related to commercial, retail, hospitality and educational projects
- Produce graphics materials and images for client presentations
- Attend client and consultant meetings
- Coordinate with consultant documents
- Assist in product research
You'll need to have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture/ Architectural Technology with an Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) recognized Post-Secondary institution
- 5 years of project work in Vancouver and/or Canada
- A strong design and technical portfolio is as essential as strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Knowledge of British Columbia and Canadian building codes, standards and building structures
- Project experience working on educational, commercial, retail and/or hospitality projects
- Proficiency with BIM applications specifically REVIT experience required
- Proficient with AutoCAD is required
- Experience with SketchUp, Enscape, Photoshop, InDesign and various graphic software are an asset
Why you should work for Arcadis IBI Group:
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Competitive Base Salary based on industry standards
- Robust Extended Medical Benefits
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Remote Work Options or Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- Professional Development & Self Directed Learning Resources
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.