Intern Events & MarketingRequisition ID:
33351Career Group (ADSP):
Qc - Marketing Metro (80069072)Department:
Marketing and e-CommerceWork Location:
METRO ON - 5559 DUNDAS STREET W (#A-DUND)Province:
Canada : OntarioPosition Type:
Reporting to the Local Marketing Communications Manager, the Marketing & Internal Events intern will support the Local Marketing team, but also cross functionally get a chance to potentially support other areas within Marketing. The successful candidate will assist the Internal Events team in planning and executing three (3) premiere summer events for Metro Ontario Inc.Specific Responsibilities
- Developing key planning documents (timelines, budgets, plans, etc.)
- Coordinating and executing events onsite
- Working cross functionally within the Marketing team and the larger organization
- Collaborating on the research and content development for various internal communications
- Assisting with the planning of various community investment programs
- Ability to work on special projects within the department, as made available.
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
- Enrolled in a College or University program with an emphasis in Event Planning, Marketing or Communications
- Previous coordination, planning, and execution experience
- Proven ability to communicate ideas with attention to detail in a clear way, both written and verbal
- Creative thinker who is observant to seek new opportunities and perceptive to abstract ideas
- Goal driven individual to seek out continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment and is results-oriented
- Experience in brand management is an asset
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook
- Ability to work some early morning/late nights as required for events
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Only Applicants That Meet The Qualifications Will Be Contacted.
We respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from agencies.