Gain real-world business, accounting, and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business. Our Accounting Intern position will introduce you to our Business Management Training program which fully prepares you to become a Business Manager of your own financial operation.
A key partner in our organization, the Business Manager oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business. You'll enjoy performance-based promotions and big earning potential as you climb the management ladder. Plus, you'll work with fun people at an industry leader that supports you every step of the way.
Pay for this role is $19.50 / hour. Typical office hours are 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday at our Administrative Office at 5821 6th St SE Calgary, AB. This internship will begin in May and run to August 2023.
Starting as an Accounting Intern, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing financial statement & analysis
- Work closely with rental branches and other departments
- Assist accounting supervisor with reports, etc.
- Assist in preparation of balance sheet schedules
- Assist with operational location audits
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Must be a current university student graduating with a bachelor’s degree on or before June of 2024.
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents within the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related conviction (DWI/DUI) on driving record in the past 5 years.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Posted Salary Range:CAD $19.50 / Hour