Posting Description:Intern, Associate Broker - Reinsurance
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Reinsurance business development group, in Montreal, QC OR Toronto, ON. As an Associate Broker, you will be given the opportunity to embark on an exciting opportunity which includes learning the business from the ground up, under the mentorship of a senior leader. You will gain valuable experience supporting both client and internal projects.
What the day will look like
- Working with broking teams, actuaries, catastrophe modelers and capital advisory professionals in servicing and prospecting clients;
- Liaising with international reinsurers in Canada, London, Bermuda, the United States and Europe;
- Attending meetings and/or functions with clients, prospects and reinsurers, on a regular basis, to support client retention and new business growth;
- Assisting in the preparation of reinsurance market proposals;
- Creating spreadsheets and assisting in the technical analysis of client data/information.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, manage assignments, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction;
- Client and business results oriented focus;
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written;
- Critical and innovative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Adaptability and quick learner;
- Mature and professional demeanor and a positive attitude;
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint);
- Enrolled in Risk and Management Insurance, Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Business or other related fields
How we support our colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work... and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.