A leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets, BrandSafway delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 30,000 customers worldwide. BrandSafway was formed when Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services and Safway Group combined in 2017. We are a corporation of over 40,000 employees with operations in more than 35 countries.
At BrandSafway, we know our employees are our greatest asset, which is why we give them the tools, training, and resources to be successful. Come join BrandSafway as part of our Summer Intern Program. As a BrandSafway Summer Intern, you will take part in development workshops and expand your experience in your major of study. Events include, Lunch & Learns with company leaders, performance management, career development and leadership trainings to develop your skill set.
We are looking for a Summer Co-Op Engineer in training on our Engineering team in Etobicoke, ON (Toronto). This will be a 4-month summer co-op position beginning in May and ending at the end of August. The specific dates of the co-op are flexible.
- Gaining familiarity with Saflock system scaffold
- Helping design real jobs, including drafting & basic calculation, and site visits
- Gaining familiarity with local building codes/standards/regulations (eg. NBCC, OBC, CSA, OHSA)
- Helping highlight scaffold related sections and category codes by different fields
- A current graduate or year 3 or 4 undergraduate student studying Civil/structural Engineering
- A registered Engineer in Training (EIT) with PEO (preferred, not required)
- Drafting skills using AutoCAD/Revit
- Fluent in English and French
- Height climbing may be required
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status.
Notice to all potential job candidates:
Please be advised that BrandSafway will never require or ask for any fee from you in exchange for being considered, hired, promoted, transferred or having ongoing employment with us. It is a violation of our Code of Conduct if any employee requests any money or fee from you in exchange for any special treatment or consideration. If anyone, regardless whether an existing employee, or anyone else, requests payment of any fee in exchange for being hired into our company, you may confidentially contact our HR Compliance department at email@example.com and provide the name of the individual and any other documentation or proof of such an act.