Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Innovation Developer, High School Student - RBC Summer Tech Labs 2023
If you’re bright minded with fresh ideas, enjoy participating in hackathons and are passionate about the latest tech and innovation, we want you!
As an Innovation Developer, you will innovate, ideate and build in a flexible, start-up like environment. This position requires a true passion for learning, experimentation and thinking outside the box.
Throughout the summer you will collaborate with a team of 3 other high school students, responsible for building and presenting a working prototype that addresses a real business problem. You will have the chance to explore new technology, use design thinking to solve a complex challenge, and bring your solution to life! Along the way you’ll receive guidance and mentorship from RBC technologists, business professionals, and executives.
What will you do?
- Design, develop, and test a prototype for a business unit at RBC
- Collaborate with business users and senior leaders to gather requirements and brainstorm solutions
- Learn how to present solutions and pitch ideas
- Be a part of a supportive team that doesn’t take themselves too seriously…seriously
- Have fun and make friends for life!
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled in an Ontario based high-school in Grade 11 or Grade 12, and have passion for Computer Science Engineering, or Entrepreneurship
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Applied experience with technology concepts or coding (attended hackathons, clubs, tech focused programs, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Team player with a strong desire to collaborate to generate solutions
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds
- Attend fun events and challenges to help build your career tool kit while enjoying a work-life balance
- Learn how large organizations like RBC use innovation and technology to grow their business
Please note that the application deadline is March 27th. Should your application be selected to progress, someone from our team will reach out directly to provide instructions on next steps. Otherwise, feel free to check for progress updates by logging in to your RBC profile. If the status has not changed, it denotes the fact that your application is still under review.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Technology and Operations
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.