Canlan Sports is the largest private-sector owner and operator of recreational sports complexes in North America. The company's success in the sports and recreation industry is attributed to a focus on innovative programming, service excellence, world-class sports communities , and an understanding of its customers’ expectations and the commitment needed to deliver industry-leading participant experiences.Canlan is currently looking for a Marketing Coordinator Intern!
Canlan Sports™ Is looking for an intern who can play an important role driving our marketing, sales and sponsorship projects forward and helping with our day-to-day processes. As the largest sports and recreation community in North America – we’re looking for an intern that can play an important role in building our brand in the digital space. There are unlimited opportunities to work with an integrated, in-house marketing team with a focus on omni-channel experiences.
AccountabilitiesContent Research and Writing
Social Media Listening & Engagement
- Assist in the research, planning and execution of our content strategy. Work with the Digital Marketing and Content Team and demonstrate your resourcefulness and copy writing flare. From articles, to stories, ad copy and press releases, learn the brand tone of voice, and contribute to the amplification of our brand promise.
- Monitor our mentions via social and web, engage with audiences that mention, tag, or review our brands online.
- Assist in the ideation, development, creation of content across social channels, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and more. Learn about brand personas, customer journeys and brand strategy, to fuel your creative flare.
Asset Curation and Maintenance
- Help research major competitors to gain insight into their products, sales, and marketing tactics.
- Structure brand assets, data, and develop systems to streamline workflows and operations. Help maintain and optimize existing assets.
Abilities, Attributes And Experience
- Super Organized - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and keeps projects on track
- Creative – Resourceful, resilient and excellent perseverance to creatively solve problems and adapt solutions across a wide range of communications and creative challenges
- Great Communicator - Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly communicate components of any project to internal teams.
- Time Management Skills - Ability to manage and provide strategic consulting across a broad sponsorship portfolio with time-sensitive deadlines, attention to detail and a great sense of urgency – we need action!
- You are a self-starter who acts independently and within approved project guidelines but can course correct when its required
We’re looking for someone with five (5) + years of mid-senior management experience, preferably in the sports and recreation industry.
…just kidding, we’re aware that this is an internship.
- Hybrid Work - Ability to work from home and the office with the expectation to attend virtual and physical meetings with internal teams and clients and also travel to various sports complexes across the GTA.
- Agile - The environment is fast-paced and this position presents demanding deadlines for a wide variety of tasks, requiring a balance of creativity, planning, and organizational skills
- Let’s not forget Deadlines – you got them at school and it’s the same here - meet deadlines without sacrificing quality despite the ups and downs of the business world
- Flexibility – go with the flow in order to handle new challenges promptly to maintain our service standards and brand reputation
- Confidential: You’ll see that we work with personal information here, so it’s absolutely critical that you’re able to leave that with you in the hybrid office.
- This is a fast-paced environment, and we want to help you see it first-hand. Canlan Sports has a lot going on, and in addition to what you’ll do with us, there’s a lot of opportunity to learn about how the sports business works.
- Ever wondered how sports and recreation operates behind the scenes? Why not learn from the biggest, and if we dare say, the best.
- Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Customer Experience; we want to make sure you leave here with more knowledge than you came in with. And, ideally, that knowledge will translate into some employable qualities for you after graduation.
Send us over a copy of your resume and an e-mail with some personal highlights about what makes you: a)
a good fit for us and c) sports-obsessed. No need to put together one of those formal cover letters for this one. Please apply though our online talent portal.NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices