Make a Difference in YOUR Career!
Our vision is both simple and ambitious: to put our drinks on every table.
We are the world’s largest bottler for retailers and A-brands. Our products are distributed worldwide from our production sites in Europe and North America. Although our own branding may not appear on the labels of the beverages we produce, there is a good chance you are reading this while sipping one of our drinks.
Our ambition is to continually improve and it’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We are solutions-based. We are innovative. We seek out new challenges and conquer them. This is our company ethos, but it’s our people’s too: Refresco is at the cutting edge of a fast-moving industry because we have passionate people pushing the boundaries of what’s best.
Stop and think: how would YOU put our drinks on every table?
Under the direction of the Maintenance and Operations Managers the Health and Safety Intern will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of a plant specific safety programs.
We have two positions available. One position will be based out of Calgary and will support the Calgary and Surrey plants. This position will require you to travel between the two sites frequently.
The other position can be based out of Mississauga - Ontario or Pointe Claire – Quebec supporting both locations with frequent travel between the two sites. The successful candidate must be fully bilingual in English and French.
- Accountable to complete a preliminary safety assessment of each machine documenting potential safety hazards pertaining to working at heights and slips, trips and falls and identify PPE required.
- Develop a series of written procedures and controls to document inspections in compliance with provincial requirements.
- Identify repairs needed on individual machines and submit work orders to the Maintenance department.
- Work with Parts coordinator and Maintenance Manager to order equipment and PPE required.
- Evaluate the process, knowledge and procedures of new safety program after implementation.
- Responsible for adhering to food quality and food safety procedures as per quality standards and/or Safe Quality Food requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all provincial H&S, environmental, regulatory and corporate standards.
- Accountable for a safe working environment through the development of strategies focused on accident reduction through the development of safety programs.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Able to work 40 hours per week during the summer work term
- Must be able to work flexible schedules if required
- Able to travel up to 50% for training requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with ability and willingness to learn from working as a hands-on member of a team
- Strong data analytical skills
- Effective problem solving skills, results oriented
- Ability to perform highly detailed work
- Possess a strong safety focus.
- Ability to work independently
- Ownership – is eager to take ownership of responsibilities; can and does think independently to excel in role; takes ownership of challenges.
- Results Focus – exhibits commitment to goals and consistently delivers results; demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives; takes risks when necessary; undaunted by obstacles.
- Communication – relates well to people; builds rapport along all dimensions of organization; resolves conflicts; provides clear directions and information.
- Customer Focus – understands and meets needs of customers and business partners; builds positive customer relationships.
- Problem Solving – breaks down problems and generates a range of solutions; thinks outside the box and uses ideas of others to help develop solutions; takes action and evaluates results of actions.
Education and Experience:
- Currently pursuing an Engineering or Health & Safety Diploma/Degree or education in a related field
- Strong computer skills required
- Project Management experience an asset
- Physical – Continuously standing or walking. Regular requirements to lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight.
- Visual/Sensory – This position requires attention to detail, requiring attention with one or two senses at a time.
- Work environment – Work and environment fasted paced, requiring ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Mental Stress – There is pronounced pressure from deadlines, project management, accuracy or similar demands and continuous requirement for decisive action.
Join Refresco today and gain valuable experience!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Refresco is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Refresco does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, status in uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.