ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
At Black & McDonald, you’re not just an Intern, you’re part of the family. Our Internship Program is centrally supported, fully leveraged paid summer employment offering you the chance to bridge theory to practice in a supportive and dynamic environment. Our goal is to provide you with 4 months of engaging, meaningful, and impactful experience that will launch your career in the right direction.
A few things to look forward to – a structured work plan to guide your learning; a dedicated mentor to offer regular coaching and feedback; online training through Harvard Business School; collaboration with a vast network of Interns across North America; opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our diverse team of over 6000 employees across a network of over 25 offices and countless job-sites.
As an intern, some of your roles and responsibilities may include:
- Day to day administrative support services for the Corporate Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Department.
- Maintain HSE databases, administer sub-contractor programs, supporting corporate HSE initiatives as required.
- Recording and maintenance of the incident statistical data base.
- Assist and prepare where required, documentation for HSE committees and working groups.
- Participation in various HSE committees and working groups as required.
- Assist in the development/revision of HSE standards, programs, procedures and various communication materials used for safety meetings and toolbox talks.
- Produce regular reports as required.
- Other administrative duties as required.
This is not a conclusive list and is subject to change depending on department requirements
- A great attitude and enthusiasm for learning
- Available from May to August, 2023
- Mobility within the GTA is considered an asset
- Communicates Effectively
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
- Maximizes Business Performance and Team Effectiveness
- Completed or pursuing a college degree or diploma in a related field. Examples include:
- Completed or pursuing a degree or diploma in Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.