JOB TITLE: Intern, Economic Development - Innovation & TechDEPARTMENT: Office of the CAONUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1JOB STATUS & DURATION: Temporary, 12-weeks HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek / variable hours LOCATION: Hybrid Model – when working onsite, you will report to the location of City Hall.HOURLY RATE: $17.80JOB TYPE: Management and Administration/Union POSTING DATE: March 03, 2023CLOSING DATE: March 15, 2023
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Innovation and Technology Sector Manager, you will support the execution of projects, events and the development and growth of talent in the community to retain and attract business investment and job creation. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be challenged, work as part of a team, and use creativity to bring ideas to life, this position is for you.
- Project Execution: Support the planning and implementation of projects and events that showcase Brampton sustaining continuous engagement, sector growth and development
- Support business visits: Prepare key materials and research for management prior to business visits. Making phone calls to businesses
- Support Communications Initiatives: Coordinate special promotions, trade shows, and collateral. Assists in the preparation of copy, statistics, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordination and administration: Participates in the coordination of administration for programs including: coordinating community events; drafts speaking notes relevant to special event programs and researches topics for speech purposes as requested. Take meeting minutes in meetings and follow-up with team members for actions
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus working towards an Undergraduate Degree and/or Post-Graduate Degree in Business, Marketing or post graduate certificate in related field (or equivalent experience).
- Background in technology and innovation is an asset
OTHER SKILLS AND ASSETS:
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong customer service orientation
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Has a strong understanding of digital media platforms
- Be self-motivated and capable of working in a team environment and independently
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above by March 15, 2023 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. Should you wish to opt out of completing the survey, please select “prefer not to answer” as a response to each question. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.