At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM is seeking an Asset Management Intern to be based in Burnaby, BC
This position is expected to begin in May 15, 2023.
- Internships are designed to introduce and build essential, hands on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena and help to enhance the transition from student to professional.
- Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their field of study.
- Intern 1 – completion of first year of qualified study
The AECOM Asset Management team is actively seeking a highly motivated Asset Management Intern for employment in the Burnaby, BC office. In addition to a strong technical ability, you will be proactive, and have the ability to take on responsibility, communicate clearly and effectively, be organized and work collaboratively with other team members.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include assisting with the following:
- Assist in the delivery of specialist Asset Management consultancy services for a range of public and private sector clients involving a diverse asset portfolio including water and wastewater utilities, municipal, transit, airports and ports, and facilities.
- Development of asset registries, classes and categories, through the compilation and analysis of data from multiple sources.
- Establishment of risk-based and fact-based methodologies to address client infrastructure asset management needs.
- Development of life cycle costing and long-term asset management plans for infrastructure assets.
- Supporting management and administration of the Canadian Infrastructure Benchmarking Initiative (see https://www.nationalbenchmarking.com/).
- Production of project deliverables, including reports, graphs, and presentations.
- Currently in pursuit of a degree in engineering, science or business or related field.
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyses, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Basic knowledge of PowerBi and Geo Information Systems (ArcMap).
- A university student that has more than one year of school remaining before earning a degree preferred, these students typically are Freshmen, Sophomores, or Juniors in university. Successful Interns may be eligible to return for additional internships.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.