Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values, honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Service Desk IT Intern will support business user IT needs within the Grain division of Parrish & Heimbecker, both locally and remotely.
Day to day duties and responsibilities:
- Setup and configure new computers to replace aging devices.
- Provide first level help desk support for all hardware and software issues in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Perform employee account activations and associated hardware, software and mobile device setup and configuration.
- Perform employee account deactivations and associated workstation cleanup.
- Actively maintain the IT service desk system by categorizing requests, updating ticket status and documenting resolutions.
- Monitor system generated alerts reported through the service desk system, escalating as required.
- Communicate electronically and in person with business users regarding IT issues.
- Work individually and in a team on IT projects.
- Enrolled in or recent graduate of a related technical post-secondary certification or degree.
- Experience with Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office and networking protocols.
- Experience supporting, troubleshooting, and repairing computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, and peripherals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, changing environment.
- Demonstrated systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Lifting of computer equipment is required.
- Work is expected to be performed onsite.
- Experience in a help desk environment would be an asset.
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Apple devices would be an asset.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Powered by JazzHR