There is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking and independent post-secondary student to join the IT team as an IT Intern
. The 4-month internship, starting in May 2023 offers hands-on experience and learning opportunities on a dynamic team in our Vancouver
About The Company
For over half a century, Onni has been building communities for people to live, work, and play. Our success reflects our commitment to our employees and partners, and our dedication to quality construction, innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction. Our expertise expands across North America, with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, and Chicago.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail- attentive with a strong initiative to take on a wide variety of tasks. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of constituents, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem-solving, and prioritizing workloads.
- Provide general administrative support to the IT department.
- Assist with Helpdesk troubleshooting functions for internal staff, including landline phones, mobile phones, desktop support, user applications, data management, and email.
- Assist with inventory management, including receiving and tracking IT equipment and supplies.
- Assist with documenting IT procedures and workflows.
- Provide general assistance with office technology and software, including setting up and troubleshooting printers, scanners, and other office equipment.
- Perform basic IT tasks, such as software installations, hardware upgrades, and system maintenance.
- Conduct research on new IT technologies and report findings to the IT team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Manager or IT team members.
Education And Experience
- Customer service or computer-related experience is an asset
- Enrolled in Post-secondary education – Diploma, or Degree in a relevant area of study (Networking, Systems Administration, etc.) from accredited institutions an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency with various computer programs such as the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Developed problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter, driven, with high attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.