Summer Intern- Technology, Information Security and Technology Risk Office
4 Month Contract (May 2023- August 2023)
Are you looking to expand your skills and be part of an organization that is committed to the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principles of Humility, Accountability, Collaboration, Courage, and Integrity? Do you hold high the values of being respectful, bold, responsive, and transparent? Are you looking to join one of Greater Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers? Then join the Ontario Medical Association’s Technology department.
The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) advocates for and supports doctors, seeking to strengthen their leadership role in caring for patients. We continually seek to be the trusted voice in transforming Ontario’s health care system by courageously pursuing best practices, new ideas, solutions and opportunities to improve.
The OMA has moved to a permanent hybrid work environment. As such, the individual in this position will be required to work a minimum number of days in our Toronto office.
The Student Intern will have the opportunity to support the Technology Risk team with data analysis, workflows, automation, and document requirements, awareness material, and dashboard reporting.
You Will Make a Difference By
- Working closely with OMA teams to capture requirements, research specific areas, conduct gap analysis, outline solution options, and create workflows and presentations.
- Consolidating, automating, and transferring content from MS Office files to a new application software and updating related systems.
- Creating and reviewing processes, procedures, training material, and user guides based on feedbacks and information collected from business and technical teams.
- Utilizing tools and applications for data collection, mapping, consolidation, and transformation creating dashboard presentation and business reporting.
- Conducting analysis and evidence reviews to help the OMA teams identify risks related to cybersecurity, privacy, and legal compliance.
Requirements That Are Important to Us
- Education in business analysis, journalism, communications, e-marketing, information systems, technology management, or relevant technical field.
- Fundamental knowledge in information security, programming, risk management, supply chain, systems, and data analytics.
- Knowledge of risk management, IT security, and advanced skills in MS Excel and Visio an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subjects.
- Experience in writing various material and procedure manuals for multiple audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Internet tools, and common cloud applications.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program and returning to school for the subsequent Fall semester to be eligible for consideration.
What Do We Have to Offer You?
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team and help shape the strategic direction of the OMA
- Friendly and flexible hybrid work environment
- Work with one of Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn--
Please Note: The deadline for submissions of applications is February 21st, 2023
The Ontario Medical Association is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. In accordance with the AODA Act, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.