Why join DESIGNME?
At DESIGNME we want to make you feel better and bring out the best version of yourself. We believe that haircare should only contain high-quality ingredients, should respect our beautiful planet, and keep our furry friends safe; that’s why our entire product line is 100% cruelty-free and contains none of the nasty stuff, like harmful sulfates, parabens or gluten. We have fun and safe work environment. Last but not, DESIGNME is proudly Canadian and based in Montreal.
Who are we?
We are a haircare/styling start-up company based in Montreal with a lot to do and we are looking for a special someone to join are amazing team as our 1st intern! Our brand has over 185k followers online, 2 e-commerce platforms & a vast professional distribution across North America and internationally. We are looking for a passionate and motivated marketing and social media intern to assist our social media coordinator with daily tasks, research, and maybe even some filming if you’re up for it!
What will your day to day look like?
Work side-by-side with our social media coordinator’s guidance on the following tasks:
Scheduling all our social media posts, captions, Reels AND IG lives! You will be able to come up with creative ideas and propose them to the team!
Hashtag research – optimizing our posts by constantly revising hashtag performance
Trending Audio & Content - be aware and up to date on trending audios, memes, and hairstyles.
Outreach - Searching for potential influencers and hairstylists DESIGNME could collaborate with. Building a list of influencers for PR events.
Paid Influencer report - You will search ad optimize our report once every week. This will include getting statistics and updating all necessary files.
Create PR and collaboration briefs - create and update briefs for content and products
Smile! You’re on camera! - create Tik Toks for the DESIGNME Tik Tok account! Create content around DESIGNME products, launches and events, trends, and hairstyling tutorials. (Not a requirement but an added bonus!)
Who are YOU?
· Creative You are aware of what’s new in the beauty industry and what can stand out. You have a can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach. Resourceful and motivated.
· Knowledgeable & passionate about beauty and social media – a trend-hunter and culture-watcher.
· Organized You know that in order to be successful, you need to be organized and you love it when everything is in the right place. Driver of exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple simultaneous projects.
· Entrepreneurial - Your enthusiasm for what we do, combined with a resourceful and proactive approach to winning business help you meet and exceed your targets
· Driven and highly motivated – You want to roll your sleeves up, you’re able to think outside the box, achieve results and take full ownership of your projects. Excellent communication, project management and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize.
· Personable - You have strong communication skills. You will have the ability to listen as well as present in meetings. Open-minded and flexible with demands and changes in an entrepreneurial, very fast-paced environment.
· Proactive problem-solving skills: ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
· Eco-friendly! - You share our passion for people and the planet
· Fun – You work hard, but you also know how to play harder! We want you to bring your colorful personality out.
*Must be currently enrolled in a Marketing/PR program, and/OR very active on social media platforms
**This is a paid internship; full-time
Our current team & the support you will get:
· Join a small and dedicated team!
· Have a lot of growth opportunity
· Be an essential member to our team and to the success of our brand
· Have support by beauty industry veterans
· Almost be assured to have amazing hair working at DESIGNME!