Who Are We?
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
What Is the Opportunity?
The Travelers Canada Internship Program provides qualified students with an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job training and learn more about the property & casualty insurance industry. Interns receive challenging work assignments that add value and impact the organization.
As a Cybersecurity intern at Travelers Canada, you'll be part of the team responsible for reviewing cybersecurity controls within Travelers Canada's internal control systems, and vendor management program. You'll work on your own and collaboratively on a variety of projects, including interviewing vendors, analyzing vulnerability results, and communicating cybersecurity issues all while developing a broad knowledge base in cybersecurity and how it is used within the insurance industry. This is robust on-the-job training that allows you to fine-tune your business acumen in the context of the Canadian insurance industry. This role will support growth and profitability for the Travelers Canada business. This placement would provide an opportunity to learn how a IT Risk and Security team works in setting and helps the team to be efficient.
What Will You Do?
- Each Intern student will be expected to complete challenging and meaningful project work over the course of this program.
- You are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You possess strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- You possess a working knowledge of a combination of the following areas:
- Exposure to cyber security principles and practices, strategies and methodologies
- Exposure to network security engineering and administration concepts
- Exposure to continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- Exposure to cloud networking concepts and network security controls
- Exposure to scripting automation and analytics
- Work on building an excel spreadsheets to support data collection and analysis
- You've had exposure to AWS, Azure or other public cloud environments
- Intern duties will vary based on the area of the business that is supported, specific assignments and business needs.
- As part of the Travelers Canada intern Program, we also offer:
- Ability to participate in various Travelers workshops and sessions.
- Interaction with all levels of management.
- Networking opportunities.
- Competitive compensation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Students who are serious about entering the insurance industry is preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above preferred.
- Students completing their final or 3rd year is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
What is a Must Have?
- Must be pursuing post-secondary degree.
- Legally eligible to work in the Canada.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.