Intern, Investment Management, Ontario (Remote)
With community and collaboration at our core, working at Parkbridge is not just a job—it’s an experience!
We strive to embody our corporate values of Community, Authenticity, Respect, and Excellence in our relationships with colleagues, customers, and business partners and are looking for individuals with focus, ambition, and drive to join our team.
Our Parkbridge team is supported with competitive compensation packages, generous performance-based incentives, GRRSP-matching, health benefits, and paid wellness and volunteer days. If you share our vision to help build memories that will last a lifetime, we encourage you to apply today!
Our corporate head office is located in Collingwood, ON. However, this internship is a remote opportunity. Occasional office visits may be required.Job Description
The analyst will support the Investment Management (Development, Asset Management and Acquisitions teams) for Parkbridge. These teams are responsible for evaluating development opportunities, reporting the performance of the portfolio, asset business plans, conducting acquisition and disposition underwriting, managing transactions, and producing investment memorandums, research reports and studies to drive decision making.
Qualifications and Experience
- Work with the investment teams to prepare return calculations and analysis for potential transactions, including the creation of cashflow models to anticipate future performance and the presentation of financial modelling outputs and conclusions.
- Preparation of financial analysis, proforma modelling, market reports and investment memoranda for a variety of purposes, including: property level hold-sell analysis; major capital and investments decisions; and as required, acquisition/disposition analysis.
- Active role in the creation and updating of annual business plans; operating budgets; and quarterly reports and presentations
- Assist the investment team with due diligence and other tasks required in the acquisitions/dispositions processes.
- Support the development team in analyzing new opportunities and provide analytical support in creating development models, scenario analysis and presentation material
- Gather and interpret market and economic research and co-ordinate integration with analysis and preparation of investment memos.
- Computing NAV, investment performance, real estate operating metrics, and other KPIs by maintaining Excel-based fund models
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly and ad hoc management reports for senior management
- Enrolled in an accredited University program and able to demonstrate an early understanding of corporate finance concepts and best practices; preferably working towards a Real Estate or Finance specialization.
CFA or CAIA, and or AACI enrolment is considered an asset.
Ability to demonstrate acumen in financial modelling.Analytical
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data setsCommunication
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results that articulate key themes and messages.Organization
- Must be able to allocate time effectively and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and change. Comfortable following direction but also contributing to the direction.Software
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
Proficiency working with large structured datasets and databases (MS Access & SQL)Relationship
- Must be extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to take guidance but then move projects forward independently.Experience
- Previous experience working with a real estate company (asset manager or developer), real estate brokerage or advisory firm, appraisal firm, or real estate lender is desirable. A strong interest in developing a career within real estate is essential.Application Information
Parkbridge has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in our offices or sites. Accordingly, a successful candidate offered employment at Parkbridge will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment, subject to exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check.About Parkbridge
Headquartered in Collingwood, Ontario, Parkbridge is Canada’s leading operator, developer, and owner of more than 60 residential land lease communities and 35 recreational RV resort communities across the country.
Parkbridge enriches the lives of Canadians by enabling families to buy a home, couples to downsize their home, and vacationers to enjoy time at recreational RV resorts. Parkbridge manages and continually invests in the properties it owns and operates, creating a relationship with our customers and vibrant communities with quality amenities.
Homeownership is out of reach for many Canadians. Parkbridge provides an affordable homeownership option through land lease, which allows people to purchase a home outright without buying the land on which it sits. This fills a gap in the real estate market between rental and freehold homes.
Homeowners maintain and build equity in their homes, while having access to professionally managed shared infrastructure, services, and amenities. It’s an ideal option for people who want to enter the housing market, or those looking to downsize.
Parkbridge makes residential and recreational communities exceptional.