Who we are
Gildan is a leading apparel manufacturing company, with a strong portfolio of brands, including Gildan®, American Apparel®, Comfort Colors®, GOLDTOE®, Peds®, and under the Under Armour® brand through a sock licensing agreement. With close to four decades of developing global manufacturing expertise, Gildan is one of the world’s most efficient, ethical, and sustainable apparel manufacturers. Founded in Canada, Gildan operates out of roughly 30 locations worldwide and sells its products in 60+ markets globally. Together with its 50,000+ employees, Gildan operates with a proven commitment to industry-leading Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practices throughout its supply chain in accordance with its comprehensive ESG program embedded in the Company's long-term business strategy. More about the company at gildancorp.com.
The Gildan Internship Program 2023 offers students the opportunity to participate in stimulating projects and gain valuable experience that will help them transition to the workplace. Our summer internship program will take place from May 15th to August 11th, 2023
. As a data science intern, you will participate in the design and development of analytical solutions from A to Z. You will have the opportunity to interact business users to understand their problems and propose impactful solutions. You will help us build, analyze, and interpret models, and make the most of our manufacturing data as part of AI in Manufacturing project.
- Data Exploration and Analysis of manufacturing dataset
- Research, build and train machine learning models
- Utilize data science techniques to increase efficiency and optimization in manufacturing
What you bring to the roleKnowledge & Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related technical fields
- Completed at least 2nd year in an undergraduate program
- Python – familiarize with data science libraries (Pandas, Numpy, SciKit-Learn, Matplotlib
- Statistical analysis and Machine Learning
- Relevant course work/projects/experience in the field of interest, OR relevant leadership or community involvement experience.
What's in it for you?
- Join one of the world’s most sustainably managed companies, dual-listed (NYSE and TSX) and with a market capitalization of over USD $5 billion
- Connect with leaders to help take your career to new heights.
- Join a collaborative work culture centered around values of empowerment, entrepreneurial spirit, and responsibility.
- Benefit from mentorship and development opportunities.
- Take advantage and have access of our competitive benefits packages.
- Access to a flexible work environment in certain locations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Come as you are:
Join a company that recognizes the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion to create a successful and collaborative work environment. As a an equal-opportunity employer, we value and embrace all the characteristics that make you uniquely you and seek to provide everyone with an equal chance to succeed. Even if you feel that you don’t meet all the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role. Because equity and inclusion matter at Gildan.