Are you looking for a fun and meaningful work experience? Join the team at the Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo as our IT Intern
! In this role, you will be responsible for working with the IT team members to provide general day to day desktop/systems support. This is an entry level 8-month intern position (May to December), specifically for Co-Op, intern, or recently graduated students in a Computer Science or Information Technology program.
|â¯Take and inspire action to sustain wildlife and wild places
|â¯Effective collaboration and communication, honesty and integrity, customer focus, safety, and conservation
- Start Date: May 1, 2023
- End Date: December 31, 2023
- Hours: 40 Hours/Week
What you will do:
- Responding to and resolving IT support request tickets
- Providing general desktop and user support, including user Q&A, and hardware/systems troubleshooting
- Administering user accounts/privileges
- Completing new hardware installation/setup, etc.
- Providing systems support for zoo critical systems such POS systems, security systems, and communications systems
- Providing weekend, after hours and on-call support as required
- Other responsibilities/initiatives as required
What you will bring
- Must be presently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a diploma/degree program in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Must have strong interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to communicate and work well with people in a diverse work environment
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional attitude
- Must respect department priorities and confidentiality
- Sitting at a desk, using a personal computer for long periods of time
- Must be willing to work a variety of hours including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- Lifting and moving boxes with computing equipment such as servers, computers, screens, etc.
- High degree of on-grounds mobility is required
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo is an outdoor facility and all staff working at the zoo must be comfortable working in a large variety of outdoor conditions. The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo follows the advice of Environment Canada when responding to temperature and air quality issues.â¯
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo is a no smoking environment including vaping.
What We Offer:
- Discounts on food, beverage, and merchandise
- Participation in the Staff Pass Benefit program
- A fun, rewarding work environment and the opportunity to work in a park full of wild animals
Are you ready to join one of Canada’s leaders in wildlife conservation?
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you.
Apply by doing the following:â¯
- Watch thisâ¯videoâ¯about the conservation work being done at the Calgary Zoo. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewuP6xA-yiA)
- Submit your resume with a cover letter via our online application system.
If this position is a fit for you, we encourage you to apply with a resume and cover letter no later than March 12, 2023 @ 4:00pm
The Wilder Institute/Calgary Zoo strives toâ¯cultivate a workplaceâ¯in whichâ¯everyone feels welcome and empowered to bring their authentic selves
â¯to work. As a conservation organization,â¯we respect and value the diversity of all life
â¯and come together as individuals and teammates to achieve the Zoo’s mission and vision. Weâ¯recognize the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion
,â¯and work to advance our culture to ensure diverse viewpoints are heard and everyone has an equitable chance to succeed and thrive.â¯â¯
All candidates are thanked for their applications and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.