Co-op Student / Intern - Data Analyst
Why you’ll love this role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable, hands-on experience while gaining credit towards your educational requirements. You’ll have the opportunity to digest data and take an analytical approach to determining insights and recommendations. We welcome a fresh perspective and those that can highlight opportunities for improvement.
What you’ll be working on
- Supporting key business teams to establish key performance indicators
- Generating, evaluating and analyzing data and reports to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Assist in designing and analyzing data to identify trends to uncover solutions and opportunities
- Communicating to stakeholders new findings using visualizations and other means
What you’ll need to have
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be actively enrolled in post-secondary education that requires completion of a co-op term
- Be able to provide official documentation from the post-secondary institution with details on your work term
- Appropriate technical and analytical skills developed through course-work or other relevant experience
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Fast learning / clear critical thinking skills
- Effective and concise communicator
Get to know us
We’re one of the top 10 life insurance companies in Canada and offer an environment that encourages the pursuit of personal and professional success. At the heart of that success is our focus on customers; we provide protection and financial security for Canadians—with a personal touch.
We acknowledge and reward talent, and support our employees in achieving and exceeding individual and organizational goals. Our goal is to make Empire Life a great place to work, learn and grow, where people can be their true selves, feel they belong and have equal opportunity for growth in their careers. We’re also committed to supporting an inclusive workplace that values diversity.
Empire Life is committed to providing equal access to employment. Empire Life welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the screening and selection process. If you need this job posting in an alternative format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org