Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
2023 Summer Personal and Commercial Banking Client Advisor Intern Student 4 Month
What is the opportunity?
This Summer 2023 Internship/Co-op position provides a head start to post-secondary students, many who today are now thriving as full-time RBC employees providing financial advice to clients in their communities. This position will open the door to the first of many opportunities at RBC and help students experience the challenges and rewards of working in the financial services industry.
How it works
Start Date: May 1, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
In order to be eligible for this 4-month Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term ends or end of August 2023; or
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e., are graduating in May 2023), you must require the work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
In this position, you will complete a 6-week training program and act as a RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first and find solutions to their individual needs. You will champion the RBC brand and drive business by supporting new client acquisition and deepening existing relationships. If you have the self-motivation to deliver exceptional customer service and thrive in a goal-based performance environment, you will be invited to return in subsequent terms to continue building your skills to a full-time position upon graduation.
What will you do?
- Proactively engage with clients in the branch and deliver an outstanding service experience through completing transactions and by identifying opportunities for advice, solutions, digital enablement and partner introductions
- Focus on education and demonstration, leverage technology to deliver a memorable client experience, drive solutions and retain business
- Contribute to team results by listening and spotting opportunities to offer additional advice, introduce clients to the capability of RBC partners, or personally fulfil client solutions
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client banking problems
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to work as one RBC team
- Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests while completing transactions
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, as well as success in hands-on, target-driven solutions environment
- Drive and self-motivation, as well as excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Eagerness to learn and determination to succeed
- Confidence and ability to learn financial concepts and future willingness to obtain the Investment Funds in Canada or the Canadian Securities Course
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- At RBC we value Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. Representing the population we serve is critical to being and staying on our client’s path.
- You will have the opportunity to connect and network with our members of our employee resource groups through various initiatives at RBC and informal meetups.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
Participates in and supports the operational activities of a business unit. Applies experience and complete working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks and varied administrative/operational assignments.
PRINCE GEORGE, British Columbia, Canada
CAN-BC-PRINCE GEORGE, CAN-BC-SMITHERS
Personal and Commercial Banking
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.