Are you an ambitious young leader looking to create positive social change in your community?
Then, apply to Fora's Rise on Boards (formerly Girls on Boards) program!
What is Rise on Boards (formerly Girls on Boards)?
Rise on Boards is putting forward a new vision for governance in Canada. By placing experienced emerging leaders from diverse backgrounds at the board table, Rise on Boards is building the new generation of decision-makers.
Young leaders of diverse backgrounds and identities have been left out of these spaces for too long. To build equitable boards, we are training a new generation of board directors who would otherwise be left out of decision-making in organizations. Since 2017, the Rise on Boards program (formerly Girls on Boards) has trained and placed 170 emerging leaders from a range of backgrounds and experiences at the board table for the first time.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to young leaders who are:
- Between the ages of 18 – 25
- Identify as young women or gender-marginalized youth
- Will reside in Canada for the duration of the program (approximately 18 months)
- Passionate about community engagement and their growth as a leader
- Interested in board governance and committed to advancing equity in boardrooms
- Ready to be a trailblazer, as in some cases, the first young person to ever sit on your board!
The program is open to any community leader – no college/university experience is required. We invite participants to apply from underrepresented communities, in particular those who identify as Black, Indigenous and/or person of colour and/or participants from the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Through this program, Rise on Boards participants gain:
- Access to an incredible, experiential leadership opportunity through a one-year placement on a non-profit board of directors.
- An opportunity to create social change, impact organizational decision-making, and help drive change in communities.
- New skills in governance, financials, fundraising, professional communications, and leadership through our comprehensive board training program.
- 1:1 mentorship from senior professionals, who will invest in and support their personal leadership and career development journey.
- A chance to grow their peer and professional network.
To learn more and apply to Rise on Boards today visit: Rise on Boards - 2022 — Fora (foranetwork.org)
Applications close on Monday, March 27 at 14:00 EDT.