: Grad Intern, Research & Analytics – Summer 2023
: VP, Research & Analytics
February 21, 2023 - March 10, 2023
June 5, 2023 - August 11, 2023
Hourly Pay Rate:
is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand that consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office. To learn more visit: www.legendary.com.
Legendary is looking for an Intern to assist the Global Marketing & Digital team. This internship will give you first-hand experience on how to use quantitative research and analysis to understand audiences and their motivations by distilling data across disparate sources to form insights that helps guide and inspire strategy and marketing activations. If you are passionate about data and its impact in entertainment (Film & Series) this position is for you. In addition to working closely with the executives and members of the team, interns will have the opportunity to attend guest speaker sessions, networking events, and screenings. This is a paid internship.
- Support the VP of Research & Analytics on custom market research studies and data analysis, including but not limited to distilling creative campaign insights, understanding the audience, tapping into the positioning, monitoring real-time audience reactions through social listening, and uncovering cultural trends, and segmentations. The role will primarily focus on quantitative methods.
- Support project management including but not limited to: database maintenance, quality assurance, survey design / questionnaire writing, social media listening, analyzing and reporting.
- Keep abreast of emerging consumer behaviors, technologies, and cultural trends that are impacting the entertainment industry.
- Stay engrossed in film and series trends, box office / performance metrics, and media trends and innovations and use them to inform insights.
- Open to working cross-functionally across the global marketing and digital team.
Experience & Skills
- Must be enrolled in a Masters/MBA program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/summer) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months
- Must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- 2-3 years of relevant coursework or experience working in quantitative research, entertainment/film studies, consumer insights, consumer research, or in analysis/strategy
- Highly organized with good attention to detail
- Excellent PowerPoint and strong Excel skills; experience with pivot tables and writing macros, regression analysis is a plus
- Excited by analyzing data and uncovering trends and insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and able to manage time and juggle competing priorities with good project management skills
- Creative and critical thinker who can think outside of the box
- Candidates with a focus in a social science field or business, or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies preferred