When you join Shiseido as a 2023 Summer intern, you are joining one of the top cosmetics companies in the world. With a rich portfolio of international brands in 120 countries and regions, Shiseido’s portfolio includes the following prominent cosmetics, skincare, and fragrance brands: SHISEIDO, NARS, Drunk Elephant, Tory Burch Fragrance, Clé de Peau Beauté, BENEFIQUE, ELIXIR, IPSA, MAQUILLAGE, INTEGRATE, AUPRES, ANESSA, TSUBAKI, and ISSEY MIYAKE. Our mission―BEAUTY INNOVATIONS FOR A BETTER WORLD is to offer solutions to social problems and achieve a sustainable society, helping people find happiness through our beauty business. We strive to create a better world through beauty innovations, as we perceive and respond to each person's profound need for betterment in an ever-changing global environment. For more than 140 years our history and tradition have been built on distinctive innovations in each era. As a global beauty company of Japanese origin, we not only develop cosmetics, but introduce and create innovative beauty technology for consumers around the world.
This internship will be working on the Tory Burch Fragrance brand.
The Shiseido Summer Internship program is a paid, full time 9-week program for college rising Juniors or Seniors. Throughout the program, Summer Interns will gain hands-on experience at one of the top cosmetic companies in the world while working on meaningful projects, networking, participating in professional development workshops, speaker series, and more!
What You’ll Do
· Work alongside your manager to build your acumen in the selected department and integrate with your team
· Attend team meetings, assist with departmental tasks and network within the business
· Participate in professional development, speaker series, and additional social programming events specifically designed for the summer interns
· Create and present a project to senior leadership generated around true business opportunity
· Assist in global communications strategies and go to market plans to support product launches and ongoing activations
· Track and analyze market launches, communications strategies and seasonal animations to build awareness of the nuances of the fragrance category in key markets and identify global trends
· Support the development of digital and influencer strategy, aligning with key marketing and business initiatives and social media goals
· Process asset requests for cross functional teams and assist in developing campaign and communication guidelines for markets
· Support development of social partnership strategies that outline who we should work with, how to work together, and how to connect it to bigger brand goals
· Collaborate with other departments on influencer and digital programming including Marketing, Education, Creative and Legal to ensure on-strategy messaging, consistency, and relevancy.
· Develop presentation, team working, analytics, and strategic thinking skills.
· Maintain product closet including all new products and samples (Saleable, Pre-production, competition)
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior in college working towards a bachelor’s degree
- Possess strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Should possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Identify and implement best practices to positively impact business results
- Maintain professionalism while interacting with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Must have ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated
- Able to work independently as well as with team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have a passion for cosmetics, beauty, fragrance and consistently keep up to date with emerging trends
· Interns will be selected on a rolling basis and will be notified by a member of the recruiting team if selected for an interview.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!