Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers
bringing our characters to life, the creators
bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers
creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Friday, March 10
Your New Role...
We have multiple Social Media & Marketing internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the Silver Spring, MD
area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This Could Include, But Is Not Limited To
- TLC Multiplatform Social Intern
- Discovery+ Marketing Intern
- ID Creative Marketing Intern
- ID/TRVL Digital & Social Media Intern
Your Role Accountabilities...
Duties could include:
- Writing, producing, and publishing content for TLC's social media platforms and site
- Collaborate with video editors to create and post social videos, TikToks, and GIFs that engage with current social trends while entertaining our fans and followers
- Assist in the coordination of Originals Campaigns, including developing a marketing strategy, creative strategy, and working on project management of all creative for shows and paid marketing campaigns
- Shadow and assist creative producers and help with the tasks on both the creative side and project management side, including logging episodes, setting up project folders, communicating with editors, managing voiceover sessions, and working with strategy and design to see how a campaign comes together
- Supporting the editorial team with image research and photo editing; copywriting for blogs and social media; creating social posts for Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and Instagram; screening shows and finding the best clips to post to social
Qualifications & Experience...
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
- Marketing and Communication studies
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Understanding of streaming services and shows
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And Finally, What To Know Before Applying
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.