Sakara Life is a mission driven, premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products, and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
About the role:
As a Copy + Content Intern, you’ll be immersed in the day-to-day of the Creative Team, owning copy tasks from start to finish and working closely with team members to create science-backed and spirit-driven assets.
Your primary focus will be working on day-to-day copywriting tasks, writing across channels and assets (including social, email, paid ads, meal labels, and S-Life Mag) and owning edits for work. You’ll work closely with the Copy Team and the Creative Team as a whole (including designers, project managers, creative directors, etc.), as well as our in-house nutritionist and members of the Marketing Team.
You’ll love this role if:
You’re a passionate storyteller excited about the intersection of science and spirit, brand marketing, and strategy. You’re open to feedback and motivated to learn new skills. You’re excited to be a part of a scrappy, mission-driven team.
- Follow Sakara Grammar + Style guidelines as you draft copy in our voice + tone for weekly emails and subject lines, social captions and stories, paid ads, direct mail, etc.
- Support assets from concept to creation, owning edits and working closely with designers and channel owners to do whatever it takes to move projects to the finish line (ideating layouts, helping pull images, etc.)
- Pitch and write for our online magazine, S-Life Mag, and help optimize using SEO best practices
- Join meal tastings for upcoming dishes and write copy for the meal labels, working with our in-house nutritionist on the science of the superfoods within
- Conduct and summarize expert and brand partner research and transcriptions—including podcast hosts, guest content contributors, and brand partners
- Attend and participate in meetings, including creative reviews, Creative-Marketing Team meetings, Internal Nutrition Education Sessions, and Team Sakara meetings
- Current college student with an anticipated graduation date of Winter 2023 or Spring 2024
- Interest in pursuing a creative career—be that in copywriting, content creation, editorial, or branding—and majoring in Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing or something similar
- Passionate storyteller with strong writing and grammar skills
- Interested in the realms of nutrition, wellness, beauty
- Eager to learn and immerse themselves in the day-to-day of the Creative Team and its processes
- Currently located in the NYC area and able to work in a hybrid work environment. We require 3 days per week in office.
- Passion for Sakara's mission of changing people's lives through the power of food as medicine
The internship will run 10 weeks beginning mid June 2023 and will be based in our NYC HQ. Students will be compensated at $15/hour.
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR