Electrical Engineering InternTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste. This position is only open to students enrolled in studies for 3rd and 4th year.
- Knowledge of Canadian electrical installations, Provincial building codes, and Canadian Electrical Code. Fol-low the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Safety and Quality culture in mind and be able to follow ABB's work practices.
- Ability to support the front-end proposals/ sales activities- review RFQs, review vendor drawings, review building layouts.
- Focus on project execution support.
- Understanding single line drawings, building layouts, wiring drawings, panel schedules, cable tray and grounding, power distribution and panel design, lighting, and equipment interconnections.
- Knowledge of products and their operation - MCC, SWGR, VFD, Transformer, motors, UPS and battery chargers (LV/MV).
- QA/QC, turnover documentation, project close out, Document control support.
- Participating in QMS and HSE programs as required.
More about us
- Communication is key for this position. Individual should have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adopt to various working cultures.
- Self-Motivated, Quick Learning and career interest in Engineering.
- Familiar with electrical applications such as ETAP, SKM, etc is an asset.
- Proficient in AutoCad, AutoCad electric would also be an asset.
- Enrolled in an Engineering degree program, preferably Electrical Engineering.
- Able to legally work in Canada.
- Canada Driver's license.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-onsite