Job Title: Creative (Virtue) Intern (VMG Summer 2023 Internship Program)
Job Location: Brooklyn, NY
Application Deadline - February 26th, 2023
VICE Media Group (VMG) prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. Within VMG, we like to consider ourselves a collective of brands and companies built with a purpose making roughly 2000 pieces of content each day with a focus on eight key businesses: VICE.com, VICE News, VICE Studios, ViceTV, VIRTUE, Pulse Films, i-D and Refinery29. Within this gamut of media channels we aim to enlighten, entertain, and empower our audience by showing a world they don’t know, telling stories no one else can, and championing voices no one else will. Want to know more? Read the VICE Guide to VICE
.The Summer Internship Program
The VMG Internship Program provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in the media industry and related fields. We’re seeking bright, creative, and hard-working candidates to play pivotal roles across various departments. We match qualified applicants with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer.
VMG’s Summer 2023 Internship Class will have the opportunity to learn more about journalism, production, marketing, design, editing, and more in a 10 week paid program. You’ll also assist with a range of projects that compliment your career interests, gain industry relevance and exposure to the organization, attend workshops, socials, and networking events. What better way to gain first-hand experience in the day-to-day of one of the leading global youth media companies?As An Intern You’ll Have The Opportunity To
What To Expect
- Connect 1:1 with senior leadership on a regular basis and attend developmental training sessions to maximize your experience at VMG.
- Serve as a sounding board for creative business ideas and decisions.
- Expand your network by connecting and collaborating with fellow interns who have similar interests in the media industry.
- Participate in our unique Think Tank project at the end of our program.
You Have These
- Arrive in person to the office on days designated by your team manager, as well as to attend orientation, intern networking and executive speaker sessions and final presentations.
- You’ll be working (40 hours/week; M - F) over the course of our 10 week program (June 5, 2023 - August 11, 2023).
- Our office works in a hybrid capacity (in-person & remote) at our NYC (Williamsburg), LA (Venice) and DC locations. Based on your location, skills and qualifications, you will be required to work at our NYC, LA or DC location on days designated by your manager.
- You are enrolled in an accredited undergraduate college/university in the United States.
- Must be an Undergraduate Student graduating between December 2023 - May 2025.
- Relevant coursework in an area relevant to the internship opportunities.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative and individual and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written, social media and verbal communication skills.
- Fluidity in working with on-site and remote teams.
We’d Love If You Also Have These
- Working closely with the Creative team on projects.
- This includes: taking a brief from Account Management & Strategy, questioning and understanding the propositions in the brief, brainstorming ideas, developing creative executions (mock ups/copy) presenting to the Creative team, and participating in review sessions.
- Supporting the team in bringing a project from concept through to production.
Working At VICE
- Prior work experience (ex. internship, on/off campus employment)
- Involvement in Clubs, Organizations, Community Service and Non-Profits
- Passion and familiarity for VMG Brands across all lines of business
We want to find people who believe in our mission and goals and feel inspired to grow while they’re here, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got. VICE Media Group prioritizes the voices, ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
In alignment with our Core Behaviors
and to ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know by contacting Accommodations@vice.com
. We will work together to best meet your needs.Agencies
VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.Equal Opportunity Employer
VICE Media (VICE.com, VICE Studios, VICE TV, Virtue, VICE News, Refinery29, PULSE Films, i-D) is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual, and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique, and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
More About Vice Media Group
VICE Media Group is a global multi-platform media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices across 25 countries across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com
, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; and i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture and design.Candidates, please note that if you are contacted by anyone with an email other than @vice.com purporting to be recruiting on behalf of Vice Media, it is not legitimate, and you should not engage.
The salary range is subject to change and may be amended in the future. Experience, education, skills, and other factors are considered when determining the salary offered.Pay Range Details
$15.00/hr - $15.00/hr