The Summer Engineering Intern is responsible for the asset data collection, working with subcontractors, assists with cost control of a variety projects and road maintenance activities.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Culvert Inspections
- Quality Control of Line Painting
- Data Entry
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance methods is an asset
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve practical problems.
- Good verbal communication skills, effective written communication skills to prepare reports, recommendations and rationale statements
- Knowledge of the environment and regulations
- Ability to multitask, use resources effectively and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to travel
Education And Experience
- High School Diploma
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering program or equivalent.
- Valid Ontario Class "G" Driver's License.
- Must maintain a clear driver's license with no suspensions and will abide by and be in conformance with all Ferrovial Services Policies and Procedures regarding operation of motor vehicles.
Work Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to reach, bend, squat climb, stand and sit
- Ability to work in both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Must have the ability to wear the required PPE
- Must have the ability to work in noisy or fast paced environments - taking safety into account at all times
Webber is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Job Posted by ApplicantPro