Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Summer 2023- Insurance- S&D Communications Intern
This posting is for a 4-month summer 2023 placement with a start date of May 1, 2023, and end-date of August 25, 2023.
In order to be eligible for this 4-month Student position, you must either:
- Be returning back to school after the work term end-date of August 2023; or
- If you are not returning back to school (i.e. are graduating in April 2023), you must require the work term as a mandatory component to in order to graduate successfully.
Please ensure that you meet these eligibility requirements before applying - candidates who apply but are found to be ineligible are not able to be considered.
With direction from Sales Communications & Training Resources Managers, you will provide timely communication and training support for all RBC Insurance (RBCI) proprietary and non-proprietary distribution channels and the full suite of RBCI products. Using a variety of mediums, your primary responsibilities include writing, editing, and creating engaging messaging and designs that increase the capability and effectiveness of our sales force.
What will you do?
- Assist in developing communications and training resources for RBCI sales forces, including sales materials/tools, campaigns, presentations, training content, videos, infographics
- Assist in providing design support while ensuring consistency and accuracy with enterprise brand standards and guidelines
- Assist in coordinating the distribution of communications and training resources, and managing repositories for communications and training resources.
- Grow collaborative working relationships within Sales & Distribution and across RBCI; work collaboratively with key partners and support the delivery of integrated communication plans
- Contribute to the team’s development of policies, processes and standards, including standards for measurement; positively contribute to the team’s culture, goals and the overall effectiveness
- Support special projects, as assigned
What will you need to succeed?
- Complete or ongoing post-secondary education, with a communications / marketing / social media focus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office apps including Word and PowerPoint
- Intermediate skills in graphic design, video production and/or photography
- Strong time-management skills; ability to juggle competing priorities, work well under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated flexibility to work both independently and within a group environment
Nice to have:
- Financial institution and/or insurance industry experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end sales process
- French considered an asset
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.