Will be responsible to support instrument & electrical activities across Imperial’s upstream assets. This job will consist of an even mix of instrumentation and electrical based work.
- Provide engineering expertise and support for safe and reliable operations, maintenance work and projects for Kearl, Cold Lake, and conventional assets
- Prepare engineering assessments and engineering designs, conduct trouble-shooting and root cause failure analyses
- Develop engineering solutions to address and rectify issues
- Manage long term equipment improvement initiatives
- Currently pursuing a BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Strong mentorship skills, and enthusiasm for sharing knowledge
- Preference for domain knowledge in instrument & electrical activities
- Work schedule: Full time position
Start date: May 2023
Work Term: 12+ months Preferred
Location: Calgary, AB
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at Imperial.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: January 30, 2023
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.