Imperial is looking for ambitious and highly motivated business students to join our accounting and finance organization. You will be working in a fast-paced team environment and expected to prepare, analyze, interpret and communicate financial results while maintaining effective business controls.
These are some examples of work-terms:
- Business Analysis and Reporting Analyst – prepare and analyze asset level financial information for presentation to management in support of Imperial's various business lines
- Project Accountant – work with the business to understand and report project expenditures, enforce contract compliance and ensure strong business controls are in place
Student terms will also include a variety of short-term projects designed to provide challenging practical work experiences in multiple CPA technical competencies such as financial reporting, management accounting & analysis, audit and assurance, strategy & governance, finance and tax.
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year university student currently pursuing a degree in business, a concentration in accounting is preferred
- Strong desire to obtain a professional accounting designation
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn, attention to detail and demonstrated leadership
- Geographic mobility
Work schedule: Full time position
Start date: September 2023
Location: Calgary, AB
Work term: 8 months
- The accounting roles provide opportunities to develop specific technical and enabling competencies required to successfully obtain a CPA designation.
- Benefits of working with Imperial include - ability to participate in the Finance Function Mentorship Program and the New Hire Development Program, industry experience and competitive package.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Continuous learning environment encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities - i.e. improve your knowledge of SAP and Excel functionality, increase your understanding of the Oil & Gas industry, and sharpen analytical and time management skills.
- One scheduled Friday off per month.
- Term relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at Imperial.email@example.com
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: May 28, 2023
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.