At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Do work that matters, supported by a community that values difference and cares about you. Gain learning that’ll last you a lifetime and be recognized for the impact you make. With a focus on encouraging employees to come as they are, KPMG provides its employees with a variety of unique tools and support systems that ensure they thrive and make their mark in their career and in their communities
Why KPMG Asset Management Digital Solutions (AMDS)?
AMDS is a team of full-stack developers, project managers, and technology trailblazers who pride themselves on creativity and innovation. Tasked with leading KPMG Canada and our clients through digital transformation, AMDS is focused on tax innovation to unlock value and prepare our clients for the future. KPMG AMDS helps organizations realize opportunities through our far-reaching intelligence capabilities that allow for the development of modern software solutions.
In a fast-paced, experimental environment, our team collaborates with strategic partners and tax leaders across Canada to build next-generation solutions. By fostering a startup culture within a welcoming nurturing environment and with the support of KPMG's world-class firm, AMDS approaches each project with a unique perspective, a multitude of complementary skill sets, and expertise that allow them to build technology solutions that shape the future of tax.
We are seeking Product Analyst Summer Interns to join our AMDS team in 2023.
** Please note that you must be enrolled in a Canadian post-secondary educational institution to be eligible for this opportunity. What you will do
As a Product Analyst intern/co-op student with AMDS, you will learn the aspects of product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing client facing user requirements. You’ll engage with internal stakeholders within the Asset Management tax practice to ensure value delivery and user adoption objectives are achieved.
Other responsibilities include:
What you bring to the role
- Assist with day-to-day product management activities including gathering product requirements, defining product functions, and writing product-related documents leveraging a variety of technologies and tools
- Collaborate with various functions to assist with analyzing the business needs and develop logical specifications for hardware/software systems. Assist with gathering information and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Assist with planning and designing business processes to improve business activities.
- Work closely with application developers, designers, and architects to understand the business model and detailed function requirements.
- Performs high level testing/basic testing of the functionalities to confirm readiness and completeness against requirements.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, effective, and professional.
- Participate in collaboration/design sessions to identify opportunities and propose new solutions to existing processes
- Perform analysis and interpret results to produce impactful insights to achieve targeted outcomes
- An analytical mindset and passion for solving complicated problems
- Has a Team First Mentality – We’re a tightly knit team that lean on each other and teach each other
- Able to interact with co-workers & various stakeholders in a professional manner
- Has strong time-management skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities, self-motivated with a great sense of ownership
- Able to take the initiative and own their projects
- A keen interest in automation and process improvement
- Comfortable with handling big data sets and experienced with Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of data types and relational database
Keys to your success:
- Currently enrolled in a degree in an associated field such as Accounting and Finance, Computer Science, and Engineering
- Basic understanding of data types and relational databases
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, VBA, Power BI
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other ticketing platforms is an asset
- Experience with process mapping is an asset
- A keen interest in automation and process improvement
Please apply directly to KPMG at kpmg.ca/careers
Applications close on January 17th, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
Our online application system will allow you to include up to five documents without losing your formatting. Applications can be addressed to Hiring Manager and must include a cover letter, resume and an electronic copy of your most recent transcript. If you do not have access to an electronic copy of your transcript, we ask that you attach a screenshot of your grades from your school’s website. In the application questionnaire, you’ll be able to indicate your preference for position type and office location. For an easy application process, please PDF all documents into one PDF file.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.