Job Type: Co-op/Intern
Reference code: 102265
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
The Discovery team is a leading provider of electronic discovery services in Canada and provides end-to-end solutions to clients. Join us to challenge yourself by being part of domestic and international investigations!
What will your typical day look like?
Computer Forensics engagements include complex domestic and international investigations pertaining to litigation, corporate fraud, class action lawsuits and regulatory matters, to name but a few. On a typical day, you will be working closely with Discovery Forensics team in a support role that includes:
- Data collection and preservation,
- Recovering and analyzing electronically stored information,
- Support digital evidence preservation, chain of custody protocols and forensic analysis,
- Maintaining case management systems and workflows,
- Preparing and packaging data for eDiscovery production to clients,
- Compiling, normalizing and analyzing electronic data for investigation and litigation purposes.
- Ongoing communication of results and work product to team members for review.
About the team
With the proliferation of electronic data, companies are finding it increasingly difficult to identify the documents required to comply with regulatory requests, conduct investigations or resolve business disputes. As a leading provider of electronic discovery services in Canada, the Discovery team offers a full end-to-end solution for clients, from the collection, through document review, to the final production of documents.
We work on a variety of matters, including:
- Civil litigation
- Class actions
- Competition Bureau inquiries, including responses to Requests For Information (RFI) and Supplemental Information Requests (SIR)
- Freedom of Information Requests for government and quasi-governmental organizations
- Fraud investigations and misappropriations of funds
- Technology abuse contravening internal companies acceptable use policies
- Cyber-crime investigation
- Cyber-breach of network systems internal and external
Permanent Analysts within Financial Advisory join our Quick Start development program. Through Quick Start, analysts receive up-front training covering key topics from across our Financial Advisory practice, including advisory and technical skills, quality/risk processes, engagement lifecycle, and project management principles. Once the training is complete, our analysts are deployed on client engagements, proposals, and strategic initiatives. A CPA stream is available for analysts who need to obtain working hours for their designation.
The objective of our Quick Start program is to provide analysts with exposure to a broad range of engagements, projects, and initiatives from across all service lines within our Financial Advisory practice. By developing core skills across multiple dimensions, the program aims to assist our analysts in building their careers as future advisors and agile leaders.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
In this role, the expected qualifications are:
- Working towards completing a post-secondary degree or diploma in any of the following disciplines (or equivalent): Computer science, Information technology, Information systems, Business Intelligence, Computer security and investigations, Cyber Fraud or Cyber Investigations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (French would be an asset)
- Excellent customer service demeanor in a professional environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team
- The ability to elaborate innovative solutions and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to travel locally in Toronto and Canada as required (25%)
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be.
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors.
The next step is yours
Apply by January 17, 2023 at 11.59 PM EST.
To be considered, you must submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF document
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally. Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.