Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
2023 Summer Student - Personal & Commercial Banking - Business Operations Specialist (4 months)
What is the opportunity?
Canadian Banking Operations (CBO) resides within Personal and Commercial Banking (P&CB) and supports fulfillment of client requests from branches and business banking centers. CBO’s service centers support P&CB with dedicated resources and subject matter experts across Canada and in our National Office at WaterParkPlace.
Working in CBO’s National Office as a Business Associate within Business Continuity and Technology Integration (BC&TI), you will be responsible for supporting existing processes, gathering data and insights to identify areas of optimization, efficiency gains or to reduce complexity. You are required to partner with your team to implement customer strategies, and support activities that improve capability.
What will you do?
- As a member of the Business Continuity and Technology Integration (BC&TI) team you will collaborate with colleagues from various lines of business to identify opportunities for optimization, create business cases, gather requirements and help to drive business strategies forward
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners in an open office environment
- Represent BC&TI as product owner for several projects and various working sessions
- Use data sources to research, identify opportunities, calculate benefits, and make recommendations to increase efficiency
- Problem solving, aggregating inputs from multiple sources and assembling into one cohesive story
- Leverage PowerPoint and other tools to effectively communicate recommendations to various stakeholders
- Utilize Excel to manage data, support reporting and/or identify new opportunities
- Collaborate with various partners to update/document processes
What do you need to succeed?
- Currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution with an interest in Banking Operations and enhancing the client experience, business casing, innovation, optimization and enablement
- Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrate strong competencies in collaboration, attention to detail, and time management
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience using Visio
- Experience with Excel (macros, pivot tables) to manage and display data
- Experience utilizing data to tell a story and/or solve problems
Provides analysis for implementation and improvement of processes, workflow, project management methods, computer systems and other tools to support insurance policy administration and customer service. Applies complete knowledge, skills, and practices to perform assignments.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Personal and Commercial Banking
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.