Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
2023 Summer Student - Global Economic Sanctions
Management of Sanctions Risk
- This role will assist with sanctions-related investigation research activities related to Capital Markets, Wealth Management and Investor and Trustee Services.
- This role will assist with Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM), which identifies and actions on sanctions-related regulation-based updates.
- This role will assist with sanctions Risk Assessment, which analyzes and transports the data from various data sources in order to properly assesses the inherent risks and control effectives to arrive at the residual risks.
- This role will assist with sanctions-related Issue Management, and conduct data analysis.
- This role will support the developing and enhancing of sanctions dashboard, which shows the stats, identifies the trend, and assesses the health of the sanctions program.
- The role will assist with drafting communications for RBC Units globally, and reviewing and summarizing sanctions-related enforcement actions.
- The role will assist with reviewing upcoming or proposed sanctions regulatory developments.
- The role will provide support to GES with certain administrative activities, as instructed by members of GES team.
Economic Sanctions Policy and Procedures
- This role will be tasked with assisting GES in drafting or revising procedure documents.
Time Allocation (%)
- Support senior manager, GES Oversight, with Regulatory Compliance Management, Risk Assessment, Issue management, sanctions dashboard: 50%
- Support Director, GES Advisory, with investigation research activities, drafting communications, reviewing sanctions regulations and enforcement actions, as well as administrative supports and updating procedures: 50%
2.4 Qualifications & Skills
- Undergraduate Degree
- Major in law, statistics, finance, international relations, computer science, or engineer.
- Data analysis in Microsoft Excel (e.g. filtering, pivot table, complex formula etc.)
- Excel VBA (Visual Basic for Application) is a plus.
- Strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint (e.g. creating charts/graphs etc.)
- Ability to conduct research, as well as analyze and understand sanctions regulations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excels in a high paced, high pressured environment
- Strong understanding of the changing geopolitical landscape and the impact to Financial Institutions
- Ability to work under pressure with aggressive timelines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong communications, analytical, organizational and planning skills
Participates in and supports the operational activities of a business unit. Applies experience and complete working knowledge of the job and policies/practices to perform a combination of routine tasks and varied administrative/operational assignments.
TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Group Risk Management
Student/Coop (Fixed Term)
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.